Friday, July 13, 2012


Its your favourite muse on the ink again, Yeah, I know I kept you waiting and all after my last article but it was to be expected, I just started writing again after a very long writer’s block, so it is rather advisable if I take it slowly like a new relationship budding like a rose petal. So I will continue reminiscing about the past, the future now glows, so there is no reason to be scared on inking certain words. When I met you, I fell heads over heels for you, you knew this and used it against me severally, and you were a lot smarter than I was so there was no question of you not knowing what you are doing. You knew exactly what you were doing, we were friends because you wanted us to be, not because I wanted to be, you were well aware of what I wanted from you and you feigned ignorance for six years…..JEEEZ! Girl you were evil, I mean seriously who does that? We shared a moment after four years of trial and error in school and I thought to myself that I had finally found home in you, but for some reasons we broke up again and you made sure that I saw hell before we became friends again. So forgive me if I don’t understand the words that you were telling me when you tell me that the last six years of my life has been a lie. It hurts more now because I’m not as into you as I once was, it hurts because I was always trying to make my relationship with you work, despite all your inadequacies and mine too. Do you know what hurts more? Is that I regarded you as the most consistent friend that I ever had, why? You may want to ask why I regard you with such honour you may ask, but you were that one person that could hurt me and get away with it, you made me miserable and I liked it. I didn’t mind being miserable for you, I liked it. We shared a bond beyond what ordinary words can describe; at least that was what I thought. I’d be ill when you were ill, I’d even perceive your presence anywhere before actually seeing you. I could be happy with my friends and even if it would be a few minutes of fight with you, I would feel fulfilled. Miserably fulfilled I mean.

No comments: